Situated on the east side of Ocean Boulevard, in a little valley is the town of Cayucos’s only cemetery. The front of the cemetery is defined by a low masonry wall constructed by the WPA in 1940.
It is made of light gray to iron-colored uncut stone laid in random courses. A few stones are arranged in odd patterns to provide visual interest. Approximately 335’ long, it is divided into three sections. Masonry posts topped with concrete balls are placed at intervals along its path.
The cemetery improvement project began in the winter of 1940, but stalled for a time because of muddy conditions. It finished in June of the same year.