After the last Chinese Americans left Cambria about 1916, members of the Warren family purchased their property. The older and less stable buildings were torn down and others were moved to new locations. The Buddhist and Taoist temples, built of redwood, were moved a short distance to Center Street. The old B.H. Franklin building was then attached to these two buildings to form a home that was occupied by various members of the Warren family. The former Buddhist Temple forms the living room of the house, and still retains the altar shelf for the Buddha, flanked by paraphenalia closets. The former Taoist Temple, joined to the Buddha Temple, forms the kitchen.